Commons Monthly Round-Up: August 2017
The Commons Community was on fire this month (28 new members!). See below for the latest updates.
Numbers at a Glance:
|New Resources||New Groups||New Forum Topics||New Members:|
Collaboration for Innovation
Collaboration is a cornerstone of the Commons and is meant to help people in and outside of PCORnet connect effortlessly. PCORnet’s Research Innovations Work Group is a leader in this area and has connected with the Trial Innovations Network to cross-promote their Clinical Trial Toolkits.
Look out for a guest blog from Tom Carton, Principal Investigator of REACHnet, about the importance of leveraging cross-promotional opportunities to spur collaboration and innovation in health research.
Meaningful Stakeholder Engagement
August’s Best Practice Sharing Session, “Stakeholder Contributions to Scientific Manuscripts and A Web-Based Platform for Engaging and Connecting Patients & Caregivers” included lessons learned from the PCORnet Bariatric Study (PBS) team on meaningfully including stakeholders in their study.
PBS Co-PI, Dr. Kathleen McTigue, wants Commons users to weigh in on use of online communities for engagement and thoughts on how to meaningfully engage stakeholders in the scientific publication process. What do you think works, or doesn’t?
- How-To Submit a Resource on the Commons
- How-To Get Started with Commons Groups
- How-To Sign Up for a PCORnet Commons Account
- External Engagement Resources and Articles
- PCORnet PPRN Table 1
- The Greater Plains Collaborative Empirical Data Characterization reports
- The Greater Plains Collaborative Governance Materials (Public Wiki)
- PCORnet Bariatric Study Engagement Plan
- PCORnet Bariatric Study Analytic Plan
- GRIPP2 reporting checklists: tools to improve reporting of patient and public involvement in research
- Best Practice Sharing Session: Stakeholder Contributions to Scientific Manuscripts and A Web-Based Platform for Engaging and Connecting Patients & Caregivers
- NIH: Clinical Trial Requirements for Grants and Contracts
Don’t forget to submit your network’s tools and resources. Use the contact form to contribute to the PCORnet Commons today!
Groups & Forums
Groups are a great way to connect with others, discuss challenges, and share solutions. Join one today!
- Commons Community Conversations: Broad discussions and exchange of ideas
- PCORnet LHS Communities: Learn about the PCORnet Learning Health System (LHS) Communities project
- Building Trustworthiness: Discuss building trust in clinical research
Welcome new Commons Community members!
- Alison Marvin
- Allyson Sullivan
- Andrea Cohen
- Brett Davis
- Casey Savin
- Cassandra Pineda
- Cassie Clinton
- Chris Fierer
- Dale Hesdorffer
- David Meltzer
- David Szczerepa
- Ellen Auerbach Grody
- Eric Larson
- James Gentry
- Kalyani Thampi
- Mariko Stronach
- Megan O’Boyle
- Mimi Dalaly
- Nathan Young
- Paul A Harris
- Piri L Welcsh
- Ro-Jay Reid
- Scott Keating
- Therese Miller
- Vanessa Carrillo
- Vojtech Huser
- Zachary Goodman
- Zachary Grinspan
Tell your friends and colleagues to join the PCORnet Commons!
Smile for the camera!
Just another friendly reminder to upload your profile photo and fill out your profile – it’s so much easier to connect and collaborate when people can see you along with some of your research interests!
The PCORnet Commons calendar highlights upcoming events, webinars, conferences, and continuing education opportunities. Don’t miss out!
If you experience any technical issues, or have any feedback, thoughts, or questions while you’re using the PCORnet Commons, don’t delay – send an email to email@example.com!