Commons Monthly Round Up: July 2018
The Commons recently embarked on a user experience research process with the goal of better meeting your needs and making the site more valuable and simple to use. Findings from a Network-wide survey and one-on-one stakeholder interviews resulted in site enhancements to improve Commons content, features, and functionality, including:
- a refreshed homepage design with clearer calls to action;
- a straightforward way to submit resources that integrates with common tools (e.g., Dropbox and Google Drive);
- improved content organization and presentation;
Usability testing allowed stakeholders to explore, test new functionality, and weigh in with first impressions. After making tweaks to accommodate user feedback, the site was refreshed with the new features and content in late July.
Thank you again for taking part in our efforts to improve the Commons! We look forward to your feedback on these improvements in the days ahead.
July at a Glance:
|New Resources||New Groups||New Forum Topics||New Members:|
There were a variety of new engagement tools added to the Commons this month, thanks to ADVANCE, COPD PPRN, and IBD Partners.
- ADVANCE: Levels of Engagement
- ADVANCE and OCHIN Front Door Engagement and Recruitment Guide
- ADVANCE: OCHIN PEP Utilization Guide
- ADVANCE: PEP Member Bi-Annual Check-in Survey
- COPD PPRN: COPD360social: Engaging Patient Partners through the COPD Foundation’s Online Social Community
- IBD Partners’ Top Citizen Scientist Award Toolkit: A Model for Meaningful Engagement
Remember: we can help you turn resources into templates, toolkits, or guidance documents! Share your materials using the new resource submission form (note: you must be logged in to access this form).
Groups & Forums
Groups are a great way to connect with others in the Network, discuss challenges, and share solutions.
The Returning Study Results and the Direct to Patient Recruitment groups are wrapping up their best practices guideline documents. Look for these resources and a Best Practice Sharing Session about their use of the Commons to facilitate collaboration in the coming months.
You’ll need a Commons account to create docs and folders or post to groups, but anyone can view the discussion and materials.
Don’t let your friends and colleagues miss out – tell them to join the PCORnet Commons!
Check the PCORnet Commons calendar for upcoming events, webinars, conferences, and continuing education opportunities.
If you experience any technical issues, or have feedback, thoughts, or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about PCORnet, visit www.PCORnet.org.