Group Admins
  • Profile picture of Joanna Ball
Group Mods
  • Profile picture of Thomas Carton

Commons Community Conversations

Public Group active 1 month, 3 weeks ago

This public group is open to any Commons user and is the place for broad discussions and idea exchange.

How do you share info back to your communities? Discuss and share here!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joanna Ball 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joanna Ball
    Keymaster

To help facilitate learning and collaboration, the Coordinating Center is currently curating best practices around dissemination and the meaningful return of study results to participants. Once we’ve collected your best strategies and tools, they will be pulled together into a single, evolving table and made available in the Resources Library. Please help us by commenting below and sharing examples of the strategies or tools your network uses to disseminate findings!

Amanda Miller
    Participant

In my last position, we had a registry of about 1300 patients, families, and allies. 4 times per year, we sent a newsletter in which we had translated the findings from ours or other relevant studies into ~one page summaries written at a 7th grade reading level.  We are an academic institution, so we utilized undergraduate students studying journalism with experience or interest in research/medicine to read the articles, dissect them, and write the summaries. Once they drafted the summaries, the authors on the original article/members of the research team who had been involved in the project would review the articles and approve them for dissemination.

This was one of my favorite means of disseminating the results to the participants who had been subjects in the research studies!

Joanna Ball
    Keymaster

What an excellent example of collaboration! Thank you so much for sharing one of your favorite dissemination strategies @amanda-c-miller! I think this approach could potentially benefit many other networks.  

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.