Group Admins
  • Profile picture of Joanna Ball
Group Mods
  • Profile picture of Thomas Carton

Commons Community Conversations

Public Group active 3 weeks, 4 days ago

This public group is open to any Commons user and is the place for broad discussions and idea exchange.

Fostering engagement through stories

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kathleen McTigue 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kathleen McTigue
    Participant

At PaTH, we are collecting patient and caregivers’ stories through the My PaTH Story Booth initiative. People from across the country are invited to share and we hope the MyPaTH Story Booth archives will serve as an engagement resource for diverse PCORnet researchers and beyond. We also hope the stories help develop people-centered research questions and foster stakeholder engagement.

I’d love to hear how patient stories have influenced your thinking about health and health care. What ideas have these stories stimulated?  Have these stories provided you with valuable insight into what it is like to live with illness? How could you use these insights in your everyday practice and in your research? Would you be interested in sharing your own health story? Why or why not?

Looking forward to a rich conversation!

Jennifer Cook
    Participant

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you so much for a fantastic Best Practices Sharing Session!  I went back to the link you provided in the slides to try to find some examples of recordings, but I couldn’t find where those are archived.  Are some of the recordings  available to the general public? If so, where?

Thanks!

Jenny

Kathleen McTigue
    Participant

Hi Jenny –

Thanks for your feedback on the session! A subset of the recordings have been posted to the PaTH website, with the story-tellers’ permission. Here’s the link: http://www.pathnetwork.org/Community/story_booth.html — or you can navigate there from the “For Patients and Our Community” page of the PaTH website (pathnetwork.org).

Best,

Kathleen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.